Hi, philanthropists! It was great to see so many of you at last week’s giving season kick-off meeting. Quick recap of the meeting:
1. $500 pledge commitment is due by November 1, 2014. This just means that you’ve communicated to me that you’re in; money isn’t due until 12/31/2014. It’s SUPER important that you let us know you’re in because we use that number to calculate what we’re working with at the grant making meeting on November 17 where big decisions happen, lives change, and the sun, moon and stars align. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Project proposals are due by November 7, 2014. If you have a great project idea, we want to know it! The only thresholds you have to meet are: you have communicated your financial commitment, it’s not a project that directly benefits an organization that you either work for and/or serve as a board member, and it’s connected to a 501c3. Just follow the very easy directions located on our website under Submit a Proposal. This is also where you can review past proposals to get intel on format, content, etc. It really is easy, we promise!
3. Grant making meeting is Monday, November 17, 2014 from 5:30-7:30pm. This is where the magic happens, folks. Meet us at the BP Energy Center in the Alder/Cottonwood room where we usually break bread potluck style. Be sure to have reviewed the project proposals on our website. You can have someone proxy vote for you if you’re not available.
4. Join the Alaska Women’s Giving Circle FB page. This is where we’ll post announcements re: upcoming events, opportunities, etc. so that you don’t receive a million emails from us and so that we don’t function as a list serve.
5. #Giving Tuesday. We’re in. As in, we’ll be unleashing our granting good news on December 2, 2014 via press release thanks to the Alaska Community Foundation. More details soon.
6. Matching funds? Some of you may work for companies that match your charitable contributions. YAY! Let us know if you work for one of those so we can happily count your contribution twice.
So here’s the quick and dirty of what to do next:
1. Tell us you’re in NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1, 2014. Just email me and I’ll write it down lightening fast.
2. Mark your calendar for November 7 to submit a project AND November 17 (5:30-7:30pm at the BP Energy Center)to make some awesome granting decision.
3. Join our FB page, see if you can double your money, and tell all your girlfriends.
This is really happening,
Aleesha Towns Bain